Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Crafts



Are you ready for Halloween? I definitely am! See, I even receive a special mail from a mysterious little kid!

Darling son YW was watching "Sid, The Science Kid" on a lazy Sunday morning. This week's programme was about Halloween. Halfway through the show, I heard my little boy's footsteps as he started running up to his room, and then down, back to sit in front of the TV. I was wondering what he was up to. After the show, he came and showed me this.



Wow! No wonder he was looking for paper, pencil, and scissors!
I told him I liked it very much, and was very impressed that he learnt something interesting from the TV show.



"Do you think you can make it even more exciting?", I asked him.
And all I gave him was this set of self-inking stamps.
And he came back to me with the following ....



Ok, the one he did was without the edges being ink, and minus the stick. But I love the drawings he did after stamping ... the happy suspended in the air spider and the "scary" vampire. I asked him if he would like to make it even more interesting by having the sides of the paper inked. He had seen me done it before, and he would like to try it too. And so, I showed him and then passed him the ink to do it. Then I added a straw to the back and added a black ribbon.



The final product! He was so pleased with it that he wanted to show me how make it! All over again! Kids can be so creative. One will be amazed at what they can come up with when one let go and let them explore!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails