Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nutella-Marshmallow filled Puff Pastry Pillows



















What a long title for this post!

But I had to include the culprits for these highly addictive puff pillows!
The combination of Nutella, marshmallows and puff pastry is just "FATAL"! Thank you, Pinky Palate, for sharing with us this wonderful recipe and creation of yours!


















Just three simple ingredients ... Nutella, Marshmallows, and Puff Pastry.
Put them together and you get a delish snack after 30 minutes!
Simple, easy and fast!


















Take out one sheet of puff pastry and let it thaw, about 30 to 40 minutes.

Once soften, open it up and place it on a floured surface. For the cracks on the pastry sheet, put a little water on the cracked area, and pressed the area down to seal/smoothen the cracks.

Floured your work surface, as you do not want the softened puff pastry pillow to stick onto the work surface, creating a hole and leaking Nutella.

Cut the sheet of puff pastry into four squares.














Spread Nutella on the centre of the square sheet.
Leave a border of about 1/2 inch.
Top the nutella with some mini marshmallows.
Fold over, into a triangle.



















Using a fork, crimp the edges.
If the edges don't seal, use your fingers to pressed them down, to seal them.














Place the triangular puff pillows on a lined tray.
Baked in a preheated oven at 350F for about 20 minutes.
Let cool and sprinkle some icing sugar over.

The pillows puffed up and looked huge after baking! I was wondering if I could finish it ... I was so wrong! I wanted more after eating one!

Can you spot my mistake?



















Well, I thought it would be fun to have colourful marshmallows in the puffs, instead of the boring white mallows. Another mistake! Look, the green mallow melted, and started oozing out from the puff. Looked like I wrapped a witchetty grub inside, yah? As I sank my teeth into this greenish puff, images of the contestants in the Amazing Race Asia eating the grubs flashed in my mind!



















The other three puff pillows looked pretty, without the green gooey stuff.
It is definitely better to use the plain white mallows.
Maybe I try making smaller pillows. Instead of four squares, I can have 16 small squares, and omit the marshmallows. Just Nutella. Not sure if I can fold such small triangles. Will have to try. If I succeed, they will make a good mini snack for parties =)

Hubby dear had only half a triangle after dinner.
"That's all I have? No more?" he said.

Ok, I will make more tomorrow!
No, not the mini ones, but the BIG ones =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails