Darling sons just recovered from their high fever and both were coughing. So I tried to go light on oil and food. Had been serving seafood, pork and beef for the last couple of days. A simple meal for dinner, since both the boys had not much appetite.
200g Thinly sliced beef (I sliced those thinly cut beef steaks)
2 eggs Lightly beaten
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Yellow Onion, finely diced
4 tsp Light, Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 tsp Sake (I replace with Shaoxin Wine)
- Cut beef into very thin strips.
- Saute the beef and onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan when done.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to thepan and scramble the eggs.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir fry, breaking up the eggs.
- Stir in the meat mixture.
- Add the soy sauce and sake.
- Top with nori, and serve with blanched spinach.
You don't see the spinach in the photograph?
It's hidden under the pile of rice =)