Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer and Fruits!






















I love Summer in the woods ... warm under the sun, and yet, cool with a slight breeze. No, not the warm air that circulates on the little red dot!
The other reason I like Summer, is because we get all kinds of fruits! All types of berries, navel oranges, apples, and watermelons!

However, summer in the woods this year is hot!
The high has been at 32C!
Where did the cool breeze go?
It is hot and humid, just like back home.

I have to get the kids to drink plenty of fluids. We eat less, and ice cream is a regular on our table. It is difficult to get fruits that can please everyone. Some like berries and oranges, others like apples. Juicy watermelon is great on these hot days, but both the boys refuse to eat them! I love watermelon, but I can't possibly finish a huge watermelon on my own!

What is the solution to getting the boys to increase their fruits intake?































A juice extractor!

All of us love our cold watermelon juice.
The boys love their mixed fruit juices ... apples, navel oranges and carrots.
I love my celery and green apple juice!
Everyone is happy!






























Cheers to a healthier diet!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails