It's one of those days when you take out the tilapia fillets and stare real hard at them. You are at a loss.
How should I cook the fish?
What seasoning should I use?
I don't feel like cooking. Take-out sounds good.
Then reality sets in. I'm back in the woods!
Ok, I have to cook =(
With the temperature hitting a high 80F, and I was melting like a stick of butter, I decided to just send the tilapia fillets into the oven. I grabbed whatever I had in hand to season the tilapia fillets, keeping my fingers crossed that they would turn out "edible".
Ground Black Pepper
Dab of Butter
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Clean and dry the thawed tilapia fillets.
- Pour some lemon juice onto each fillet.
- Sprinkle some garlic powder, paprika and ground black pepper onto both sides of the tilapia fillets.
- Add a tiny dab of butter onto the fillet.
- Bake at 400F till the fish is done.
- Serve warm.
The fillets didn't turn out too bad. I liked the lemony taste present in the tilapia fillets while the boys liked the buttery taste. Each of them had a fillet and finished it!