Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just Saying Hello




A friend back home sent me a card, knowing that I picked up card-making as a hobby recently. What a sweet and girly card! Thank you, YM, for this very pretty card.



Here's a close up look at the card .... I love that green gingham ribbon, and those pretty flower embellishment. Like the outfit of the girl too. I'm saving up for the Cuttlebug Die-cut and Embossing Machine. Meanwhile, I'm patiently waiting for sales and free shipping offer at the online store =)




It had been a busy week, but I managed to make three cards. One Hedgehog card for YM, since she loves those Penny Black Hedgehog stamps, and two belated birthday cards. Drove to the post office and sent all three at one go! Hopefully, the cards won't get lost in the mail ... it's a long way to travel, halfway around the globe.



I love coloring, but I'm not keen to spend lots of money on Copic Markers, Prismacolor or Koh-I-Noor color pencils. I like the blending method, but I do not like using mineral spirits for the blending. Normal color pencils yields a dull colored image. So what should I do?

Since I have a box of oil pastels sitting in the drawer, I decided to use them, to try out the blending method. I read with interest from forums that GooGone and Baby Oil work great as well! The bottle of GooGone which I already own, not only helps remove the goo from all my bottles (I can then recycle these bottles), I can now use it for blending colors in my stamped images.

The blending effect didn't turn out too bad. I did however, found it difficult to color in the small spaces in the stamped image. Oh well, you can't have the best of both worlds, I guess =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails