I went to bed dreaming, about cinnamon bread .... the big fat yummy loaf of cinnamon bread that took my breath away the minute I set my eyes on it at the Farmers' Market. It will be another week before I can sink my teeth into that yummy cinnamon loaf again.
But I can't wait anymore!
Since my fingers are itching to bake something ... ok, Cinnamon Muffins!
I was very happy to find the recipe from BakingBites.
As I did not have all ingredients, I changed the recipe a little.
The muffins were moist, and the topping gave it a sweetness mixed with a tinge of cinnamon.
I'm in love ... with cinnamon.
Cinnamon Chocolate Chips Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup Sugar (Reduce if banana is very sweet)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Milk (or Buttermilk)
3 tbsp Olive Oil (or Vegetable Oil)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1 Medium Ripe Banana (Mashed)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl - whisk together the flour, chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl - whisk together the sugars and egg till smooth. Add the mashed banana.
- Beat in the olive oil and vanilla extract.
- Working in 2 or 3 additions, alternate adding flour and milk to the sugar mixture, stirring till just combined. Do not overmix.
- In a small bowl - stir together ingredients for the topping.
- Fill each muffin cup to 3/4 full. Sprinkle with the topping ingredients.
- Bake for 15 - 18 mins.