I love cream cheese, and I love eating cakes!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake ... to the rescue!
The recipe is adapted from Little Corner of Mine. Thanks for sharing the recipe! The recipe is definitely a keeper! Subtle taste of cream cheese, soft and cottony .... hmmm ....
1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) Butter, Softened
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 pkg (4 oz) Cream Cheese
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs (Large)
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease and flour a 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" loaf pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter till soft.
4. Add sugar and continue beating till light and fluffy.
5. Add cream cheese and continue beating, about 1 min.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Add vanilla extract, mix well.
8. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
9. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
10. Beat until well blended.
11. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
12. Bake for about 40 minutes or till done.
13. Let stand in the loaf pan for 5-10 minutes on a cooling rack.
14. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
15. Cut and store in an air-tight container.
This cake will be a regular on my table .... love that I just need to put everything into the mixing bowl and let the mixer do the work =)