Sunday, May 16, 2010

Garlic Butter Noodles





















My elder boy loves noodles, any kind ... egg noodles, fat yellow noodles, flat noodles, soba, spaghetti. Usually, the sauce I use for the noodles will either be soy sauce mixed with some sugar and sesame oil, or ketchup with oyster sauce and sesame oil. However, I can't be using the same sauce for my noodles all the time! Even spaghetti sauce has a variety of taste!

I was searching for a new taste when I chanced upon The Asian Grandmothers Cookbook ... Garlic Butter Noodles! Simple and readily available ingredients! I had to give it a try!


3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
2 teaspoons of soy sauce

1. Heat a frying pan.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of butter, with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
3. Heat up the oil.
4. Add minced garlic and fry till fragrant.
5. Mix the brown sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl.
6. Add the sauce to the pan of garlic oil.
7. Give the sauce a quick stir and turn off the heat.
8. Add the cooked noodles. Mix evenly with the sauce.
9. Serve warm.


I love the taste of this sauce! A little sweet, a little salty, plus the buttery and garlicky flavor ... hmmm..... Instead of using the sauce for noodles, you can also use the sauce over raw spinach! The spinach is softened a little by the sauce, but yet retains a little crunchiness. Awesome!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails