Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meet Blooper!



Meet Blooper, from Super Mario Bros!
He's that annoying squid-like fellow with many tentacles, blocking the way as Mario tries to swim through water to find the exit. My heart misses a beat, each time I meet him in the game.

Darling son KW was very happy with his Mario Ghost yesterday.
After school, he asked me what he would be having for lunch the next day.
"More Mario?", he asked.

And amazingly, my little boy YW finished everything in his lunchbox yesterday! Can I conclude that they are still super fans of Mario?




In the bento, we have strawberries, blanched broccoli, chicken karaage and rice shaped to look like Blooper. Thank you Kaerenmama, for sharing how to shape the rice to look like Blooper! I don't understand Japanese, but the photo-instructions are clear and easy to follow.

I use Japanese fish cake to cut out tentacles of Blooper.
Can you see them sticking out from the cupcake liner?
I use a lighter colored cheese for the eyes, as I find it easier to cut small circles, using a straw, from cheese than from fish cake. But the white part of the eyes does look like they are cut from fish cake, right?

Grab that star! Transform and fight Blooper!
Looks like it's going to be a Mario-themed Bento week =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails