Saturday, January 16, 2010

叉烧 .. Char Siew!





















I was at the Asian Mart when I spotted this bottle of familiar sauce staring at me ... Lee Kum Kee's Char Siew Sauce! Char Siew! How I miss the Char Siew Rice back home! You are guessing right ... the bottle of sauce went home with me =)












There are many kinds of pork being sold at the supermarket. I am no expert in identifying the various parts of the pork. My mom will tell me 五花肉 is the best part of the pork. I have absolutely no idea what 五花肉 is, and what to look for when I'm at the supermarket! What I did was to try buying the different parts ... Country Style Pork Ribs, Shoulder Steak, etc. I use them for brewing soups, and if darling son KW likes the texture of the pork, it means that the pork is very tender. So far, our favorite cut of pork is Country Style Pork Ribs. And I use this cut of pork to make Char Siew!

1.2 lbs Country Style Pork Ribs
2-3 tbsp Char Siew Sauce


  • Clean and dry the pork ribs.
  • In a Ziploc bag, mix the pork ribs with the Char Siew Sauce.
  • Leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
  • Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
  • Remove the pork ribs from the bag and place them in the baking tray.
  • Preheat oven to 350F.
  • Cover the baking tray with Aluminium Foil and bake till the pork ribs are cooked through.
  • Remove the Aluminium Foil and brush some honey on the pork ribs.
  • Broil till the ribs, turning them occasionally, till they turned a little crispy.
  • Remove and slice.
  • Serve with a bowl of warm rice.

Itadakimasu!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails