It's the weekend, and for a change, I decided to have fried noodles for dinner. It was one good way for me to use up the leftover pork from cooking soup, and broccoli was all I had in the fridge!
The leftover pork turned pork floss was pan fried after lunch. All I needed to do for dinner was to cook the noodles in boiling water, then fry them!
- Finely chopped some garlic and shallots.
- Wash some broccoli florets and microwave them.
- Do not microwave the broccoli florets for too long. They should be crunchy to the bite and not soggy.
- Prepare a heated pan and pour two tablespoons of vegetable oil in.
- Add the chopped shallots and fry till fragrant.
- Add the chopped garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Be careful not to burnt the shallots and garlic.
- Add the cooked noodles, and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add some chicken broth, and stir well.
- Do not add too much broth, or your fried noodles will turn soggy.
- Add the pork floss and broccoli. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat.
- Season with salt if necessary.
- Serve warm.
A plate of fried noodles, plus a bowl of warm miso soup.
How does that sound to you?
Good enough to keep us warm on cold winter nights =)