Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pork Floss?






















Pork, pork and more pork!
What do you do with the pork used in brewing soups?

Whenever I have a pot of soup for dinner, I will try to cook less meat for that meal. Each of us will try to eat a little of the pork from the soup, except darling son YW. No, he is not a fan of pork. Even when he was just a little fellow in my womb. I felt nauseated whenever I ate pork, or just smelling it, be it cooked or raw. The only pork dish he eats is ... Bak Gwa!

Hence, there is always a little pork left sitting in the pot of soup. Sigh!
It doesn't taste good when eaten the next day, as there is no more soup left.
It is a waste to throw it away!

This is what I do with the leftover pork.
Fry it such that it resembles pork floss!

  • Shred the pieces of pork.
  • Add five-spice powder, sugar, soy sauce. Mix well.
  • Since the meat is already cooked, you can take a piece and taste.
  • Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
  • Heat up a frying pan. No oil is needed.
  • Pan fry till the shredded pork turned golden brown and dry.


















Ok, I should not call it pork floss, as it looks far from the original. But it does go very well with steaming hot rice, and a side of blanched vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli. Sometimes, I will eat it with bread ... butter the bread and scoop a big spoonful of fried pork onto the bread, fold and eat! Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails