I love soups.
I love clear soups.
And I love drinking soup on cold winter days.
For this soup, no meat is required as the onions and dried figs add lots of sweetness to this simple soup.
1/2 Cabbage, shredded
8 pcs Dried Figs
2 Small Yellow Onions
500ml Chicken Stock (Store-bought)
- Clean and cut the cabbage.
- Cut the onions.
- Put the cut onions and cabbage into a big saucepan.
- Add the can of chicken stock to the pot.
- Add more stock/water if you necessary.
- Soak the dried figs in warm water for 15 mins.
- Add the water and dried figs to the pot.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Bring the pot to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for another 20 minutes, till the figs and vegetables are soft.
- Add salt to taste if necessary.
.... I'm missing my mom's soup back home ....