Something different for dinner ... pasta with broccoli. Why?
Because I am tired of having rice for dinner.
Because the men in the house like broccoli.
Because my boys love cheese.
Because I have a pack of small sea shells sitting in my pantry.
1 bunch Fresh broccoli : Cut into small pieces.
2 cups Pasta Shells or similar type pasta
1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tbsp Butter
- Cook pasta according to instructions on packet.
- Cook broccoli till tender. You can add the broccoli pieces into the pot with the pasta when the pasta is almost done, or you can microwave the broccoli.
- Put the drained pasta and broccoli in a large serving bowl.
- Add butter and cream to the pasta and broccoli and toss with spoons till the butter melts and most of the cream soaks into the pasta.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and toss till well combined.
- Add more cream, cheese, or butter if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
A simple and fuss-free meal.
Compliment the meal with baked chicken wings.
No nagging at the boys, as they finished up every single shell that was found on their plate, leaving their mummy happy and pleased.