A very happy new year to my family and friends!
Here's a slice of Rocky Road Brownie to celebrate the first day of year 2009.
Recipe taken from The Cookie Bible :
Makes about 20 brownies
1 1/4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
1 cup Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (I used Pecans)
1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts; set aside.
- Melt butter. Add sugar, vanilla and eggs, beating with spoon until well blended. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 22 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips mixture over top. Continue baking 5 minutes, or until marshmallows have softened and puffed slightly.
- Cool completely. With wet knife, cut into squares.
The aroma from the baking was irresistable.
My little boy stopped playing and declared that he was hungry!
The little one has a sweet tooth, and he likes the sweetness of the brownie.
However, I found the brownie a little too sweet for my taste buds. In fact, I cut down the amount of sugar used, from 1 cup to 3/4 cup. The next time I bake it, I will use less chocolate chips and marshmallows. To use bittersweet chocolate chunks instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips. A small slice of brownie is enjoyable, but a big slice is a little too overwhelming.
... A sweet start to a new year =)