It's another cold winter day.
How about a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup for dinner?
1 Bunch of fresh broccoli
2 Small Onions
8 Chicken Wings
8 Dried Figs
1 litre Chicken Stock (Store-Bought)
2 cups Pasta of your choice
- Wash chicken wings and remove tips from wings. Cut wings at joint.
- Boil a pot of water. Cook wings in water for a couple of minutes. Wings need not be fully cooked in this pot.
- Peel and cut carrots into bite sized pieces.
- Cut onions. Cook broccoli.
- Soak dried figs in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Put carrots, onions, dried figs with water, partially cooked chicken wings, and chicken stock into a large pot. Add more water if you don't have enough stock. Bring the pot of stock and ingredients to a boil. Skim off foam that rise to the top as the liquid boils. Reduce heat and let simmer for about half an hour.
- Add salt to soup if necessary.
- Cook egg noodles or spaghetti according to instructions on packet.
- Pour soup over the cooked noodles and broccoli.
- Serve immediately.
It keeps everyone nice and warm on a cold winter night =)