It's a bright sunny Sunday morning.
No school, no packing of lunch boxes.
Don't be deceived by the bright sunny morning ... it's freezing outside, with a temperature of -13 degrees Celsius! Since there's no need to rush the kids through breakfast, I took my time to prepare toast for them.
The kids love the gingerbread man.
I used the gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out the shape from a slice of bread. It's a waste to throw away the sides, so I took care not to break the sides when I cut. The slice of bread, after removing the cut-out gingerbread man, looked like a frame. The little one asked for cut-out hearts instead.
- Butter the slice of bread.
- Place the cookie cutter in the centre of the slice of bread.
- Press the piece of cut-out bread, and the remaining of the bread onto a plate of grated parmesan cheese. Shake off excess cheese.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven at 35oF. I used the top heating element in the oven to brown the cheese, so that the top and bottom of the bread is browned.
Warm, crispy bread on a sunny cold Sunday morning!