Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jalapeno and Spices Chicken

















Hubby dear loved the jalapeno sauce so much, I just had to cook it again!

Since I still had some jalapeno peppers in the fridge, I decided to cook it once again! Yes, I couldn't resist the aroma of the minced garlic, ginger and jalapeno peppers frying in the pan either!

Instead of using prawns, why not try chicken thigh fillets?

I used 3 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed, and cut them into bite size cubes. Cleaned them, pat dry, and set aside for frying later. Proceed to prepare the 5-spice mixture, and mince the garlic, ginger and jalapeno peppers. I find mincing and chopping therapeutic!


3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1'" knob Ginger, minced
1 Jalapeno Pepper, deseeded and cubed

1 tsp 5-spice Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Ground White Pepper
2 tsp Mirin


  • Heat up a pan.
  • When hot, add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
  • When the oils are hot, add the minced garlic, ginger and jalapeno peppers.
  • Fry till fragrant.
  • Add the 5-spice mixture.
  • Stir well.
  • Add the chicken pieces and fry till cooked.
  • Coat the pieces well with the sauce.
  • Serve warm with a bowl of steaming hot rice.


Again, it's aga-ration. Like I said, my recipe book is not with me. It didn't turn out too salty, phew! Again, it's free play ... add more salt, or use less salt.

Serve this dish along with some blanched vegetables, like bak choy, broccoli or cauliflower. Eat this dish with a bowl of steaming hot rice, on a chilly autumn afternoon ... Awesome!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails