Friday, October 8, 2010

Marble Cream Cheese Cake


















I knew I had to bake it when I saw it on House of Annie.
Thanks, Annie, for sharing the recipe on your blog.
My boys love the cake! So do I =)


Chocolate Cake Batter

180g Butter
170g Sugar
20g Cocoa Powder
120g Self-Raising Flour
or
120g All Purpose Flour + 1.5 tsp Baking Powder + 0.5 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 Eggs

  • Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
  • Beat in eggs one at a time.
  • Fold in dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
  • Divide batter into half. Set aside.

Cream Cheese Batter

250g Cream Cheese (I use one block, which is less than 250g)
60g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg

  • Beat all ingredients and mix well.
  • Pour half the Chocolate Cake Batter into a 7" round/square pan.
  • Pour all the cream cheese batter on top.
  • Pour the remaining Chocolate Cake Batter on top of the cream cheese batter.
  • This layer is quite thin, so just try your best to cover.
  • You can swirl with a chopstick to get the marble effect, or leave it as it is.
  • Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 1 hour, or till skewer comes out clean.
  • Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before slicing.


I am going to bake this cake again!

1 comment:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

You're welcome! Glad you liked the recipe. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails