I knew I had to bake it when I saw it on House of Annie.
Thanks, Annie, for sharing the recipe on your blog.
My boys love the cake! So do I =)
Chocolate Cake Batter
20g Cocoa Powder
120g Self-Raising Flour
120g All Purpose Flour + 1.5 tsp Baking Powder + 0.5 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
- Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fold in dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Divide batter into half. Set aside.
Cream Cheese Batter
250g Cream Cheese (I use one block, which is less than 250g)
60g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Beat all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour half the Chocolate Cake Batter into a 7" round/square pan.
- Pour all the cream cheese batter on top.
- Pour the remaining Chocolate Cake Batter on top of the cream cheese batter.
- This layer is quite thin, so just try your best to cover.
- You can swirl with a chopstick to get the marble effect, or leave it as it is.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 1 hour, or till skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before slicing.
I am going to bake this cake again!