The bunch of fresh cilantro had been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days. I bought them to prepare a dipping sauce last Friday. I used only a few stalks, and there was still a fairly big bunch left. Since hubby dear would be having his lunch at home, I took the opportunity to include cilantro in my cooking!
1 Small bunch of fresh Cilantro, minced
150g Minced Turkey/Chicken
Some sea salt
- Heat a pan.
- When hot, add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of vegetable/olive oil.
- When the oils are heated through, add the chopped shallots.
- Add a dash or two of sea salt.
- Fry the shallots till fragrant.
- Take care not to burn the shallots.
- Before the shallots browned, add the minced meat.
- Stir fry till the meat is cooked and browned.
- Remove from pan and into a bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro.
- Serve with a bowl of steaming hot rice.
This dish is rather dry, so if you prefer some sauce over your rice, then this is not the dish for you. I like that no marinating is required. The flavor of shallots is infused into the meat through the oil. Just the right amount of saltiness. And a subtle taste of cilantro as you bite into a spoonful of the fried minced meat. Not bad if you need to use up a bunch of cilantro, and do a last minute dish.