Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies



Darling son KW came home from school and requested for chocolate chip cookies. "Just chocolate chips. Without the M&Ms.". All the cookies I have baked so far are crispy cookies. And chocolate chip cookies were never on my bake-list!

The recipe was adapted from AllRecipes.com. As usual, I halved the recipe, in case the cookies didn't turn out to our liking. I am suppose to get two dozens of cookies, but since we like our cookies to be petite, I end up with three dozens. The cookies were crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. The smaller ones were just ... cripsy. And they were highly addictive! I had to stop myself from eating, after having popped like four.
I just couldn't stop =p


1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Mini Morsels


  • Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
  • Cream butter and sugars till smooth.
  • Beat in egg and stir in vanilla extract.
  • Stir in flour and baking soda.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  • Bake for about 10 minutes, or till the edges are nicely browned.




I omitted the salt, since I used salted butter. Instead of mixing the baking soda into hot water as stated in the original recipe, I added the baking soda directly into the batter, together with the flour. The batter is stiff, and it drops onto the baking sheet easily, without making a mess.



This recipe is definitely a keeper. On the day the cookies were baked, we ate more than half of them! The next time I bake these cookies, I will reduce the amount of white sugar, as I find it a little sweet. However, there were no complaints from the boys =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails