Friday, April 1, 2011

Phineas!



Look who's here! It's Phineas! And Candace will probably be shouting her little brother's name whenever she can ..... PHINEAS! I'm sure my boys are glad that they don't have an elder sister =p



In the bento, there is pan-fried miso-marinated chicken thigh cubes, blanched broccoli and cauliflower, sprinkled with a little furikake, and rice (hidden under the sheet of nori).

The 2 pieces of chicken thighs were marinated with 2 teaspoons of miso paste, 1 tablespoon of shaoxing wine, and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. The pack of chicken was left to marinade in the fridge overnight, and I took it out to pan-fry this morning. I could use 1 tablespoon of miso paste the next time, as the chicken pieces were not salty enough. The amount of miso used greatly depends on the type of miso paste.



It's April, and it's snowing again! No, it's not an April Fool's day joke. I made a quick trip to the supermarket this morning, racing against the rain clouds. I was panting by the time I reached home, and the moment I set foot in the house, it started to rain. Then snow. Check out the ice/snow on the bikes.

I love it when the aroma of baked cakes fill the house on a cold, rainy and gloomy day. So the first thing I baked after coming home from the supermarket was brownie cakes! The preparation was a breeze, using Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownie mix. I added an extra egg as the boys like their brownies to be cakelike. I was in the midst of mixing the flours into the cream cheese mixture for the Japanese Cheesecake when Mr Mailman knocked on my door. Oh, a parcel for me!


A bright and cheerful card greeted me when I opened the parcel!
This card certainly brightens up a gloomy day!


Together with the card comes a birthday present from an old friend!
A special edition, Hello Kitty, of the X-mini!
Thanks, Jean! Am I 40 already?
I'm not shy of announcing that I've reached the Big 4, even though I'm young at heart =)

Well, it's Friday, and it's going to be a "delicious" and delightful weekend .... brownie cakes, Japanese Cheesecake, and trying out the X-mini! And I'm looking forward to the International Food Fair at school tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails