Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bento Love






















Love this book!

No kawaii bentos.
Just practical, simple to prepare bentos.
My kind of bento!

















Boiled Salmon Rice Bento ... This is one good bento to bring to school. Easy to cook. Healthy.

  • Boil 1 fillet raw salmon in salted water.
  • Cook salmon thoroughly. Don't worry about over-boiling.
  • Drain and pat dry the cooked salmon with a paper towel.
  • Break into chunks and remove skin and bones, if any.
  • Combine 1/2 teaspoon each of sake and soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in a bowl and add the salmon chunks.
  • Once flavor is absorbed, stir the flavored salmon into rice.
  • Mix in the crumbled nori seaweed, and toasted black sesame seed, if using. I omit the black sesame seeds, as I don't have any on hand.
  • Sides : Blanched broccoli florets, and scrambled eggs.

The boys had the boiled salmon rice for lunch today. They finished their rice and I was one happy mom! Yummy food for the boys, and minimal cleaning up for mom!

2 comments:

Craftsnut said...

I am making this one for dinner tonight. They're on the stove, boiling. I can't wait to try.

I love reading your blog and the recipes look great.

PiggyMummy said...

Hi Mom to two,

Thanks for dropping by my blog =)
Hope you like the Salmon Rice.
I read from your blog that you knit! Knitting is a craft I hope I can pick up when I have the time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails