I love soup and I love this ABC Soup!
I don't know why it's called ABC soup.
Maybe because the ingredients used are simple, and cooking it is as easy as ABC? Or is it because it's full of Vitamins A, B and C?!
Hubby dear cooked this (after researching on the internet on how to cook it) on Saturday evening, since it was a long Thanksgiving weekend. The elder boy loved it so much, he had three bowls of soup for that evening! We omitted some ingredients which are normally used, like potato. I think the next time we cook it, we can add a ear or two of corn into the soup ... YUM!
1.5 lb Pork Spareribs
1 Large Yellow Onion
1 Large Tomato (You can add more if you like)
4 sticks Celery, Diced
4 sticks Carrots, Diced
2 ears Corn, halved (Optional)
2 Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed (We omitted this)
1.3 litres Water
- Remove any traces of fats from the spareribs.
- Blanch the spareribs in boiling water for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse the spareribs in cold water.
- Prepare a big pot and fill it with water.
- Put all the ingredients into the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and let it simmer.
- Cook the soup for 2 hours.
- Remove the thin layer of oil, if any, with a spoon.
This soup is very sweet, and not too oily, as hubby dear did a good job in removing most of the fats on the spareribs.
Thank you dear, for the delicious soup ... I really miss drinking it!