The man and the boys at home love eating fried chicken wings.
This is one dish they never get tired of. But I dislike the amount of oil used in frying the wings, not to mention the cleaning up after the frying.
So here's a baked version of the wings ... healthier, satisfy the man and the boys, and make me happy as there is minimum cleaning up after the cooking!
7-9 Three joint wings
2-3 tbsp Lemon Juice
Dash of salt to taste
Melted Butter (Optional)
- Remove the tip from the wings.
- Cut the wings at the joint to get a drumlet and a wing.
- Wash and dry the wings.
- Marinate the wings in lemon juice. Leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Discard the lemon juice.
- Add salt to the wings.
- Coat the wings with cornflour.
- Line a roasting/baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the four coated wings on the parchment paper.
- Brush the wings with butter if desired.
- Bake at 425F for about 2o minutes or till cooked through.
- Broil the wings for crispy wings.
- Keep an eye on the wings while broiling or they may burnt!
- Remove excess oil in the tray with a kitchen towel if necessary.
- Turn over and broil the other side.
Less messy compared to frying in oil =)