Monday, November 29, 2010

Banana Butter Cupcakes



I have 2 speckled bananas sitting on my kitchen top. Each time my boys walk pass them, they say .... yew, yucky!

Yes, I need to bake a banana cake. I found the recipe from Pusiva's Culinary Studio. I like that the cake uses the common baking ingredients found in our pantry. It's a no fuss cake, with no fanciful ingredients, but yet yield a fluffy cake! Instead of baking the cake in a loaf pan, I bake them into cupcakes, as it will be neater for my boys to bring to school as snacks.

The recipe calls for 2/3 cups of mashed bananas. I used 1.5 bananas. What do I do with the remaining 1/2 a banana? Well, I sliced it thinly, and top my cupcakes with them! Hmm, the next time I bake these cupcakes, I will try to use 2 bananas. I don't think the extra bananas will affect the texture of the cupcakes too drastically. Feel free to double the amount in the recipe, as it yields only 10 cupcakes.

1 cup Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt

1/3 cup Butter (approximately 75g)
1/3 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Mashed Bananas
1 Egg

  • Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
  • Greased and lined a loaf pan.
  • Alternatively, line the muffin trays with muffin liners.
  • Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  • Beat Butter and Sugar till light and fluffy.
  • Add egg and beat well.
  • Stir in mashed bananas.
  • Fold in flour mixture.
  • Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
  • If using muffin tray, fill the muffin liners to 2/3 full. Top the batter with a slice of banana.
  • If using a loaf pan, bake at 18oC/350F for aout 40 minutes or till a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
  • If using muffin trays, bake at 180C/350F for 10-15 minutes, till a wooden pick inserted comes out clean, and the top is a nice golden brown.
  • Let cool completely on a rack before serving.

The cupcakes were very moist and fluffy.
Both boys liked the cupcakes, and the little one asked for a second helping! He's a growing boy, and a greedy one too =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails