Sunday, November 14, 2010

Childhood Cookies

















Food brings back lots of childhood memory ... for instance, when I see fried rice, I will think of my mom's special fried rice, with her special chilli sauce. When I am sick, I will think of her beehoon soup.

I was at the supermarket doing my weekly grocery shopping when hubby dear saw this tin of butter cookies! It had been ages since I last ate them! I love them as a kid! This cookie was a luxury item back then ... a special treat. I don't get to eat it very often, but when I do, I can finish the tin by myself! Of course, we had to buy a tin home. And hubby dear said "All four of us will be fighting to eat these butter cookies!".

I wonder what will be my boys' "childhood" food when they are grown up.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails