Sunday, November 7, 2010

8 Birthday Cupcakes



Darling son is 8 years old! Oh, how time flies! It seemed like yesterday that I carried a 2.7kg newborn in my arms ... has it really been 8 years?



As usual, he requested for a chocolate and cream cheese cake. I was not in an adventurous mood to try out new recipes. Hence, I used the recipe for Marble Cream Cheese Cake. Instead of a large cake, I baked cupcakes! I had a total of 12 cupcakes. 8 of these cupcakes would be used for the birthday, and the other 4, for food tasting, and snacks before the birthday song singing.


The birthday boy was a little disappointed that he had only 8 small cupcakes as his birthday cake. He is used to having one big cake. And he asked "Mama, there is no frosting on my cake?". Oops. I was so busy this week, that I tried to take a few short cuts.



He was back to his cheerful self after taking a bite into the cupcake, and after receiving his presents. Sorry to disappoint you, son. I promise you that you will have frosting on your next birthday cake ... and a big cake too!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails