Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stir Fried Garlic Broccoli


















This is one simple dish.

I am sure many moms cook this every now and then.
Why is there a need to post the recipe then?
Well, if I do fall sick, my dear hubby will have to do the cooking!
I am sure he has no problem dishing up this vegetable meal, but I think he will take comfort in having some recipe to refer to, so that he doesn't need to bother me while I rest in bed, that is if I do fall sick. And I will also have the full assurance that the kids will not go hungry or have to wait very long before they get to eat their meal =)

  • A head of broccoli, cut into small florets.
  • Wash and set aside.
  • Mince some garlic and set aside.
  • Heat up a large frying pan.
  • When hot, add some olive oil.
  • Add the minced garlic.
  • Fry till fragrant, but not browned.
  • Add the florets of broccoli.
  • Mix well with the garlic.
  • Add some chicken broth.
  • Cover and cook till broccoli soften, but still with a crunch.
  • Cover and cook longer if you like them soft.
  • Season with a little sea salt if necessary.

I can just eat this with plain rice and nothing else!
And I had to fight with darling son KW over the last few pieces of broccoli last night, LOL.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails