This is one simple dish.
I am sure many moms cook this every now and then.
Why is there a need to post the recipe then?
Well, if I do fall sick, my dear hubby will have to do the cooking!
I am sure he has no problem dishing up this vegetable meal, but I think he will take comfort in having some recipe to refer to, so that he doesn't need to bother me while I rest in bed, that is if I do fall sick. And I will also have the full assurance that the kids will not go hungry or have to wait very long before they get to eat their meal =)
- A head of broccoli, cut into small florets.
- Wash and set aside.
- Mince some garlic and set aside.
- Heat up a large frying pan.
- When hot, add some olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Fry till fragrant, but not browned.
- Add the florets of broccoli.
- Mix well with the garlic.
- Add some chicken broth.
- Cover and cook till broccoli soften, but still with a crunch.
- Cover and cook longer if you like them soft.
- Season with a little sea salt if necessary.
I can just eat this with plain rice and nothing else!
And I had to fight with darling son KW over the last few pieces of broccoli last night, LOL.