During dinner last night, darling son YW asked me :
"Can I bring the bun for my field trip tomorrow?"
So this morning, I packed the cream cheese bun I made yesterday, into his lunch box, together with some cherry tomatoes and sushi. With this Lock&Lock Box as his lunch box on a school field trip, I don't have to worry about him losing his thermal jar. The box is easy to open and lock, and Sushi is easy to eat. He doesn't need to ask for help to open his lunch box at all! He will have enough time to finish his lunch.
Salmon and Broccoli Sushi
- Microwave and cut into smaller pieces.
- Mix the broccoli with rice.
- Add sushi rice vinegar. Mix well.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat up a frying pan.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the heated pan.
- Put the salmon into the pan, with the skin side down.
- Cook the salmon, turning it at least twice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt onto salmon when almost cooked.
- Add a little more butter if required.
- Cut the salmon into long strips if possible.
Prepare the sushi :
- Lay a sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the bamboo sushi mat.
- Spread the rice and broccoli mix onto the sheet of nori.
- Place the salmon strips on the rice.
- Roll and cut.
Enjoy your bento lunch, my little darling .... love, Mummy =)