Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Birthday!





















Whose birthday was it?
Hubby dear =)

The kids requested for a chocolate cake .. I looked through my baking books and found a recipe from "Baking From My Home to Yours, Dorie Greenspan" ... Cocoa-Buttermilk Birthday Cake. Cakes baked using buttermilk must be very soft, so I decided to give it a try. It had an unusal frosting, using malt milk powder.

I'm not good at frosting cakes. To make up for the lack of skills, I ordered some basketball players toppers from Wilton. The cake did look more like a birthday cake, after I put them on, haha. My little boy spent almost an hour playing with the toppers on the afternoon they arrived.

















The frosting was a little too sweet for our taste buds. The cake was very soft when cooled, and a little dry after I put it in the fridge.

























As long as the boys and the man enjoyed the cake, I'm happy!

Note : Darling son YW had a fever at bedtime. Temperature at 39.5 degree Celsius. It had been a long day, and it would be another long night, having to stay up to keep track of his temperature. . No sleep for Mama tonight =( Hope the fever subside by tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails