The kids love these cookies!
They are crunchy, and you can use whatever you have in your pantry ... chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, M&Ms, or even nuts! I love using Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Rolled Cereal. Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Rolled Cereal is made from rolled whole wheat, rye, oats, flaxseed, barley and triticale. It adds a lot more flavor and crunch to the cookies than when using ordinary rolled oats.
1/2 cup Butter, Room Temperature
1/8 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 3/4 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F /180C.
- Cream butter till soft.
- Add sugars and cream till fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon gradually into butter mixture till combined.
- Stir in oats. Mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice-cream scoop or spoon, scoop a tablespoon of batter onto the baking tray (lined with parchment paper).
- Bake at 350F/180C for 15 minutes or till golden brown.
Instead of bringing store-bought cookies to school as snacks, darling son KW can bring these cookies to school tomorrow! Hubby dear can munch on them at night, when he's tired of studying. It's definitely healthier than eating ... Instant Noodles =P