What do you do when you have leftover celery, carrots, fresh button mushrooms, a handful of prawns, and a little canned canned crushed pineapples? Put them together and you get .... Sweet and Sour Prawns!
Sweet and Sour Prawns
10 Raw White Shrimps, deveined and shell removed.
1 stick Celery, diced
1 stick Carrot, peeled and diced
Some Fresh Button Mushroom, sliced
3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Canned Crushed Pineapple with Juice
- Heat up a pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter.
- When butter has melted, add the mushrooms.
- Add the diced celery and carrots.
- Add a little water, and a dash of sea salt.
- Cover and cook till vegetables are softened.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to heated pan.
- Add the prawns and fry till cooked.
- Mix the solution of sugar and tomato ketchup with a little water.
- Add the mixture to the pan of cooked prawns.
- Add the cooked vegetables.
- Add 2 tbsp of canned crushed pineapples, and a little of the juice.
- Stir well and serve warm.
There you go! A one dish meal ... meat and vegetables together. Serve with a bowl of fluffy warm rice ... and some soup, on a cold winter afternoon!