Thursday, December 24, 2009

White Chocolate and Cream Cheese!





















I love using cream cheese as my cake frosting and I love baking chocolate cakes! But how often do you bake a cake that uses white chocolate?

There were many boxes of cream cheese sitting in my fridge. They were picked up during the christmas sale. Sitting in the fridge, good neighbour to the boxes of cream cheese, was the bar of leftover white chocolate, which I bought for Santa's beard. Bake a cake using cream cheese and white chocolate? Not common. I tried my luck on google search and found the perfect recipe from BakingBites!


White Chocolate Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Butter, soften
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
4 oz White Chocolate
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup + 1 tbsp Milk (I use 1 cup)

  • Preheat oven to 325F.
  • Line muffin pans with 18 cup liners.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
  • Melt the white chocolate in a microwave. Stir till smooth.
  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar till light.
  • Beat in eggs one at a time.
  • Beat in melted white chocolate and vanilla extract.
  • Working in two or three additions, alternate adding flour mixture and milk, and ending with a final addition of the flour mixture.
  • Mix until just incorporated.
  • Divide batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
  • Bake at 325F for 20-30 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted at the centre of the cake comes out clean.
  • Let cool on a wire rack.


White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

4 oz Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
1/4 cup Butter, Soften
1 oz White Chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 tsp Milk or cream
2-3 cups Confectioners' Sugar (I use only 3 tbsp)

  • In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and melted chocolate.
  • Beat in milk and vanilla extract.
  • Gradually add confectioners' sugar until the frosting reaches your desired consistency.














The cakes tasted so good, I almost forgot to take photographs of them! I was too busy sinking my teeth into the cakes! Although white chocolate was used in the cake, the cake was not overly sweet. It was soft, and the combination of cream cheese and white chocolate was just perfect! The kids loved it so much, they had two cupcakes at one go! I packed a box of mini trees for my neighbour's kids ... Hope they like it as much as we do!

A merry white christmas, with little white trees =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails