Another snowy day, another day for drinking soup =)
Simple ingredients used in this soup. The soup is light, with a tinge of sweetness from Yu Zhu and Red Dates. The sweet aroma of the herbs boiling in water filled the house, while the snow fell outside the house ....
Recipe adapted from Fenying's Blog
4 pcs Chicken Thighs (Without skin)
15 pcs Red Dates
2 tbsp Wolfberries (Guoqi)
1 pc Ginger (Remove Skin)
1.5 litres Water
- Wash and clean chicken thighs.
- Blanch the chicken thighs in boiling water.
- Remove and rinse in cold water.
- Put all the ingredients, except chicken thighs, into a pot.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs and simmer at medium heat for another 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
The soup is a little oily, even though I remove the skin from the chicken thighs. I guess I will just let it cool, let the oil solidify, then remove it. Can't wait for dinner to drink the soup!