200g Minced Chicken/Pork/Turkey
1 tsp Grated Ginger
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 - 2 tbsp Vegetarian Shitake Mushroom Flavored Sauce
1/2 - 1 cup Water
5 pcs Dried Mushrooms
2 tsp Sugar
1-2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Corn Flour
3 tbsp Water
- Reconstitute the dried mushrooms in water.
- Squeezed out the water from the mushrooms when they have softened.
- Diced the mushrooms.
- Marinate the diced mushrooms with 2 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp Soy Sauce. You may add more sugar and soy sauce if you have use more mushrooms, or if you prefer a stronger flavor.
- Marinate for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat up a frying pan. Add 2 tsp of oil into the heated pan.
- Fry the mushrooms. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil into the heated pan.
- Fry the ginger and garlic till fragrant.
- Add the minced meat and fry till cooked.
- Add the oyster sauce and water. Mix well.
- You can add more oyster and water if you have more pasta. It's ok for the sauce to be a little more saltier than what you normally want, as the sauce will mix with the pasta, and the taste will be diluted.
- Mix the 1 tbsp corn flour and 3 tbsp water to form the cornstarch mixture.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture to thicken the meat sauce. You need not use all the cornstarch mixture. Thicken the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Pour the meat and thicken sauce over the pasta.
- Serve warm, and with a side of broccoli.
No more store-bought pasta sauce!
Or good when you run out of store-bought pasta sauce =)