Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Horrible Science



I got to know about this series of books from a friend's blog. She blogged about how much her son T loved these books, and how he learnt something from reading them. I did a search on Amazon, read a couple of pages, and placed order for "Bulging Box of Books - Horrible Science".

These books were shipped from UK, and I was impressed by the prompt shipping by this external company, pbshopus. The books were shipped from their UK warehouse a day after I placed my order. And it came wrapped securely in many layers. The box was in very good condition when I received it! I will definitely order UK published books from this company again!

These books would be good for summer reading. Darling son KW was eager to start reading, and loving to do things systematically, he opted to start reading from Book A - Angry Animals. He even brought the book to school to read. I could hear him laughing out laugh as he read. Definitely a boy's kind of book =) And seeing his big brother reading and laughing away, the little one also started reading the first book, after his elder brother finished reading it.

And I'm happy to see them read! It seems kind of crazy to order a box of 20 books. But if the boys enjoy the books, and each book (including the shipping fee) cost less than S$4, why not? I would say that it is money well spent =)

2 comments:

Unweaving the Rainbow said...

I think it's very smart of you to buy the whole set! It's really much cheaper and the boys will love every book for sure, so it's very worth it, right? I think the authors are very smart to capture boys' attention the way they write it.

PiggyMummy said...

kw loves reading the books! yes, definitely worth every single cent, including the shipping fee, which is not much =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails