Thursday, May 26, 2011

An "Easy-On-The-Mouth" Meal



Darling son KW went for his monthly visit to the orthodontist on Tuesday. The crossbite problem had been fixed, a month after wearing his braces! For the visit this month, the orthodontist added springs to his braces. This is to push the two central incisors closer to each other, to create a little more space for the other incisors to emerge.

Needless to say, the soreness and the pain he experienced during the last two days turned him into a cranky young man. Sleep was disrupted due to the soreness. He tried to put on a brave front, refusing pain reliever when offered. Cold sore formed as the braces rubbed against his mouth, since he had to change the way he chewed his food. He prefers food which is soft, and easy to chew. He will still eat whatever that is given to him, but he is not able to finish. Not his usual self. So for lunch today, he asked for something soft, easy-on-the-mouth kind of food.

When I suggested ham and fried egg, he happily agreed.
For once, since adjusting the braces, he brought home an empty lunch box.

3 comments:

Dreamer said...

I am soooooooo happy I found your blog!!! You have absolutely fabulous bento box lunches for your kids and indeed, you are one crazy mom.. a crazy, loving mom, that is! Can you help me please?? I've been trying to figure out how I can give my kids rice lunches similar to your bento boxes that do not require re-heating as the kids have no access to microwaves in their elementary schools. Do you send the boxes cold from the fridge? Do you send them freshly made hot/warm in the morning so that they are still OK by 11:30am lunch time? What boxes do you use? Will a regular tupperware type container suffice? I am sooooo excited! We live in Canada, BTW so, I was happy to see you are just south of the border and therefore familiar with North American school life. This way, I know your physical conditions for school for your kids would be similar to mine. I work outside of the home so I do not have time to cook fresh in the morning but currently do heat up things to put in thermoses for kids. Soooooo excited!!!

PiggyMummy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dreamer said...

OOOOHHHH!!! Sooo excited!! I'll be writing from a gmail account. Thanks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails