Monday, May 2, 2011

Monster Mike



Do you remember him, Mike from Monsters Inc?
This is one of our favorite family movie =)



I had always admired the coloured rice in some of the Japanese bento blogs. However, I was not keen to buy the rice colouring packets online to try. I had been putting off preparing Mike as I thought he would like funny with little pieces of broccoli stuck on him =p Thanks to HBB, colouring the rice green is now a breeze! All I had to do was to mix the packet of colouring with warm rice. The coloured grains magically melted away as I mixed them with the rice! I had some fun amidst the morning rush of preparing lunch and getting the boys ready for school =)




So for the first day of school, the boys had a monster in their lunch to start off their week after a one-week Spring Break! In the bento, we have a strawberry, some florets of broccoli and cauliflower, and panfried miso chicken thigh fillet.

It's going to be a busy week, since it's Teacher Appreciation Week! A week of activities lined up, organised by parent volunteers, to thank the teachers for their hard work and effort. Time to pick up the momentum, and get things going!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails