It's Friday, and I can take a break from packing lunch for the next two days! School has started for a week, and I am starting to look like a Panda! Hence, I included a Panda for today's packed lunch!
2 Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tbsp Miso Paste (Add more if your miso paste is less salty)
1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Mix miso paste, shaoxing wine and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Put the chicken pieces into a small ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade into the bag and mix well with the chicken pieces.
- Leave to marinate overnight in the fridge, or for at least 15 minutes.
Cooking the Chicken:
- Coat a frying pan with some olive oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the chicken pieces.
- Pan fry till both sides are a little browned, and cooked.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
While the chicken was cooling, I started working on the panda, using a slice of cheese and a small sheet of nori. After cutting the ovals for the eyes from the sheet of nori, I looked at the little pieces of nori left on the plate and chose two small pieces that resembled the nose and the mouth. Alternatively, you can use a nori punch, or cut using a pair of scissors.
Hubby dear saw the lunchboxes when Darling son KW was helping me take photographs of the panda. "KUNG-FU Panda!" he said. Phew! Actually, halfway through assembling the panda, I thought I was putting together a racoon =p
Here's the photograph taken by Darling son KW =)
Do you want an apple, Mr. Panda?