These bite-sized chicken pieces are pan-fried, not deep-fried, so I feel less guilty eating them. They are easy to prepare in the mornings, when you need to pack lunch boxes for the kids.
3 chicken thigh fillets
3-4 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
Salt and cornstarch
The day before cooking:
- Wash and clean the chicken thighs.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs.
- Cut the chicken thighs into strips, or bite sized chunks.
- Put the chicken strips into a ziploc bag.
- Marinate the strips with Shaoxing Wine.
- Leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
On the day you are going to cook:
- Remove chicken pieces from the bag and discard the liquid.
- Pour some cornstarch into a bowl.
- Add some salt to the cornstarch and mix well.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the cornstarch and salt.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan.
- Pan fry the chicken strips till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and leave on a kitchen towel.
- Remove from kitchen towel to cool before packing into the lunch box, or remove and transfer to a plate lined with some lettuce leaves.
Since the chicken thigh fillets are cut into bite-sized chunks, they cook really fast, as compared to pan-frying a piece of chicken fillet. They are easy to pop into the mouth, and hence, I ended up eating more than what I should =p